Think you know what's causing your allergies?
Many types of allergens affect people differently, which makes it important to seek help from professionals. Learn the symptoms, test your knowledge, and discover the steps you can take to prevent symptoms from slowing down your life with our allergy quiz.Take the Quiz
Types of Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy has been used for more than a century for allergy treatment. It is done by exposing your body to trace amounts of your unique allergens. Over time your body will begin to learn to respond to the allergens normally and your allergic reactions will decrease.
At Hillcrest ENT we can develop a treatment plan that is unique to you based on your allergy tests and examination. We will be able to increase your allergen tolerance safely.
There are two main types of immunotherapy to choose from:
- Allergy Shots deliver an allergy solution into the body using a small injection once a week under medical supervision
- Allergy Drops are a modern form of immunotherapy. Allergy drops are placed under the tongue (sublingual) by the patient in the convenience of their home.
Are Allergy Drops Better Than Allergy Shots?
Both of these methods are effective and whether you choose shots or drops is completely up to you. More people are choosing sublingual allergy drops as they become available. This is due to their convenience and the freedom they offer.
No matter what you choose our team will be able to answer all of your questions and to make sure that the treatment plan is right for you.
Be in Control of Your Allergy Treatment
Allergy drops can help you take back control and come with many advantages:
- Few clinic visits means lower cost - allergy drops generally cost around the same as allergy shots but you can save on trips to the doctor, hours missed at work, and reclaim the value of your time.
- No needles means no pain - you just place the liquid under your tongue for 1 - 2 mins before swallowing.
- Convenience - deliver the allergy drops at the time and place that is convenient for you
You can have an effective allergy treatment plan on your time with allergy drops!
Get Rid Of Your Allergies At Hillcrest ENT
Our professionals understand that your allergies are unique to you. We will work to discover your individual allergy profile and develop a solution that is the best for your situation.Request An Appointment Today